Friday, November 21, 2008

When Bob Speaks...


Now, you may be asking yourself, "Who is Bob?" Bob is my own personal cab driver. He used to be everyone's cab driver, but now he's retired (he's like 75), so he only drives for people in the know. I met him one day when I was trying to hail a cab, and this red Toyota Corolla rolled up and beeped at me. Bob introduced himself, showed me his cabbie license, and asked if I needed a ride. He doesn't have a meter, but he has proven highly capable of guessing the cost to any location in the city. His business cards are actually cards for a nail salon, but he has crossed out the front and written his cell phone number on the back. Bob is a thinker.

Here are some recent quotes from Bob:

1. (Concerning Sarah Palin) -- "Mac just wanted a hot lady with him to get more votes. And man, she is hot! Everytime she comes on TV my cat doesn't know WHAT I'm doing."

2. (Concerning the sidewalk stars imprinted with actors' handprints in Hollywood) -- "All you need to do to get a star is be rich and famous. They let anybody have a star, if you're rich and famous. Now there are too many stars. They have those damn things all over the town. All these rich and famous people, 'I'm rich, I'm famous, give me a star!' It's crazy. All these people do is be in movies, and they get to have a star." (This went on for about ten minutes. He clearly has an issue with celebrities.)

3. (Concerning Madonna & Guy Ritchie's divorce) "Good for him, not taking any of her money. That's a good guy! And her, all she did was finger f*** herself and now she's worth billions of dollars?! I don't get it, I just don't get it."

No comments: